Auto Insurance - Missouri and Kansas

Including: Joplin, Carthage, Webb City, Carl Junction, Diamond, Carterville and Neosho, MO as well as Galena, Baxter Springs, Columbus and Pittsburg, KS

Click to Begin Your Free Car Insurance Quote


For over 30+ years, Winnett Insurance has offered full-service motor vehicle insurance throughout Missouri and Kansas. We can insure most drivers and their vehicle with tailored protection that always offers great value. Whatever coverage you need, we’re your source for professional solutions.

Call us at (417) 624-5724 or request your free, no obligation quote now!

How does auto insurance coverage work?

A lot of money travels up and down the road with you every day. Take your car’s value, and then think about how it applies to all of the 2.2 million automobiles in Missouri and 980,000 in Kansas. That’s a lot of cost risk that every driver faces. One damaging mishap could put you in a very tricky position.

Car insurance helps to alleviate your financial burden whenever such accidents occur. It can pay for costs like your vehicle damage, medical bills and the costs of damage you cause to others. You won’t have to worry where you’ll get the money to assist your recovery. Instead, you can rely on your policy.

Are there different types of car insurance?

Within a single auto policy, you can find several types of coverage.

  • Liability insurance: This coverage pays for damage you cause to other people (drivers, pedestrians) if a wreck is your fault. Bodily injury coverage can pay them for their injury costs while property damage coverage pays them for possessions damage, like vehicle damage.
  • Collision insurance: When you have a wreck, this coverage can pay for your vehicle’s repairs.
  • Comprehensive insurance: Damage to your car from hazards other than collisions are covered under this portion of your policy. Damage from a tree falling on the car will likely have coverage.
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance: If another driver is at-fault for a wreck, but they don’t have liability insurance, this coverage can pay for your injuries and vehicle damage.
  • Medical payments: Coverage can pay your injury costs and those of passengers.
  • Roadside assistance: Your insurer might be able to offer you various perks like towing, jump starts, gas delivery and courtesy rides at little to no out-of-pocket cost on services.
  • Rental car coverage: If you have to get a rental car, the insurer can supplement the costs.

Is auto insurance mandatory?

Both Kansas and Missouri require registered drivers to carry at least auto liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage at the following limits:

  • $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage (per person)
  • $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage (per accident)
  • $25,000 property damage liability coverage
  • $25,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage (per person)
  • $50,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage (per accident)

Kansas also requires personal injury protection, also called PIP/No-Fault coverage. If you get hurt in a wreck, you will first file on your own PIP policy regardless of who was at-fault. The required limits are:

  • $4,500 medical expenses coverage per person
  • $900 disability/loss of income coverage per month for one year
  • $25 for in-home services per day for one year
  • $2,000 for funeral, burial or cremation expenses
  • $4,500 rehabilitation expenses coverage
  • Up to $900 survivor benefits (disability, loss of income) per month for one year
  • Up to $25 in-home services for survivors per day for one year

Higher limits are available if you prefer more coverage, however if you don’t have these limits, the authorities can penalize you for driving without the required insurance. You must carry proof of coverage in your car at all times.

Please note: If you finance or lease the car, lenders might require comprehensive & collision coverage.

Will insurance cover an unlicensed driver?

As the policyholder of the car insurance, you need to have an active driver’s license. Insurers frequently refuse to issue policies to those who don’t have licenses, because they shouldn’t be driving, after all

If you have individuals in your home who are unlicensed (like a teen who might decide to take the car for a joy ride), then your policy might cover the costs of damage if they do drive. However, you might have to disclose to the insurer that these individuals reside in your home and list them on your policy.

What do I need to know before getting car insurance?

It takes a lot of thought and attention to detail to get the right car insurance.

  • You can only insure a private automobile on standard car insurance. Business-owned vehicles, RVs and motorcycles will need other policies.
  • Physical damage coverage will include deductibles that insurers will subtract from your total claim amount before paying you. You can usually choose a deductible that suits you best.
  • If you total your car, your policy might only pay you an actual cash value (ACV) settlement. This is the car’s depreciated value at the time of the accident. To get more assistance, you might be able to obtain a replacement cost value (RCV) policy, which can cover the cost of a new car.

>Here at Winnett Insurance, we understand all the ins and outs of the car insurance industry. We’ll make sure you get the policy and expanded options that always offer you the best protection at an affordable price. Call us at (417) 624-5724 or request a quote now

Don't forget; we also offer Boat, SR-22, Motorcycle and RV Insurance

Contact Us Today!
(417) 624-5724